Title: Media Officer
Location: Initially remote working with some work based in Dublin
Job type: Contract
Closing date for applications: 20th July 2022
To apply please attach your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you believe you would be a good fit for this role by 15th July 2022
We’re looking for a Media Officer to join our high performing and growing human rights organisation.
We have an opportunity for an ambitious and passionate individual to help drive and foster good media relationships in order to achieve positive pro-life change across Ireland. As a Media Officer you will lead in planning, organising, communicating, and delivering media content across traditional and new media platforms.
- As part of an energetic and committed team, you’ll have the opportunity to communicate on the big pro life issues.
- You will develop effective strategies to communicate with major media companies and establishments in Ireland to influence public opinion, policy, regulation and practices.
- You’ll need to identify and develop relationships with key influencers and decision makers, in media organisations across Ireland.
- Furthermore, you will lead teams, and work with colleagues across the Pro Life Campaign to help realise your ideas.
- You will manage a programme of media training for spokespeople
- Manage all placement of editorial including press releases, opinion pieces, articles across all media
- Write articles and speeches
- Work with existing social media team on content and video production
- Experience in influencing or bringing about the tasks described with a track record of achieving results using a range of influencing tools and techniques
- A passion for achieving change
- Strong knowledge of the Irish political context and system and media organisations
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to work effectively in a team and use own initiative to lead projects
- Ability to simplify complex information into straight-forward language
- Effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Relevant education or work experience