If you are experiencing a crisis pregnancy, a difficult diagnosis during pregnancy, or just need some extra assistance during pregnancy and afterwards, there is support available for you.
The organisations listed below will provide support, are non-judgemental, and will empower you to make life affirming choices.
There are a number of organisations which provide practical assistance to pregnant women, mothers, and families. They are usually able to provide items such as clothes, shoes, nappies, and toiletries for new-borns and young children.
Services in Northern Ireland
If you live in Northern Ireland, Both Lives Matter have a list of helpful contacts on their website if you are pregnant and would like to talk to someone or are in need of practical assistance.
- Both Lives Matter – https://bothlivesmatter.org/
Anew provides support in the area of homelessness, housing, parenting, and emotional wellbeing. Anew has accommodation available for women who are pregnant and for a limited period following birth:
- Anew – http://www.anew.ie
- Hugh’s House – https://www.hughshouse.ie
Support After a Difficult Diagnosis During Pregnancy
- The Perfect Gift – https://www.facebook.com/
Post Abortion Recovery and Healing
The following organisations provide non-judgemental support for women who have had an abortion.
Rachel’s Vineyard Ireland provides counselling and healing programs for those hurt by abortion.
- Rachel’s Vineyard – http://www.rachelsvineyard.ie
Women Hurt is a project initiated by women who regret their abortions and wish to share their stories of hope and healing with women who find themselves in similar situations.
- Women Hurt – http://www.womenhurt.ie
Silent No More is a campaign designed to reach out to people hurt by abortion and provide hope in healing.
- Silent No More – http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org
Miscarriage & Neo-Natal Death
The Miscarriage Association of Ireland is a charitable and voluntary body set up with the support of women and men who themselves have been through miscarriages.
- Miscarriage Association of Ireland – http://www.miscarriage.ie
Féileacáin (Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Association of Ireland) is a group of bereaved parents who offer support to anyone affected by the death of a baby around the time of birth.
- Féileacáin – https://feileacain.ie
The following organisations provide support and will help you to find a refuge if you need to shelter from domestic violence.
- Aoibhneas provide a 24-hour helpline, and provide refuge accommodation in Dublin – http://www.aoibhneas.ie/