The Pro Life Campaign is seeking an Office Manager (Maternity Cover Position) to join a dynamic team in their Dublin headquarters.
Role duration : January 2020 – July 2020
Location: PLC Head Office, Clifton House, Lower Fitzwilliam Street, Dublin 2.
Hours of work: 9am – 5pm.
Managerial, secretarial and clerical role in Pro Life Campaign office with the purpose of maintaining an efficient and effective office environment. Management of all aspects of a busy office including human resources, finances, liaison with supporters, donors and volunteers and management and coordination of events.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities include:
- Volunteer/Supporter/ Donor liaison.
- Management of Summer internship programme, gap year students.
- General office requirements such as liaising with landlord, managing health and safety, managing office inventory and supplies.
- Dealing and answering all communications by post, phone and email.
- Dealing with general requests and enquiries from supporters/volunteers, communication with donors, sending acknowledgement letters, texts and emails.
- Information & Database Management. Ensuring compliance with Data protection/GDPR/NDA requirements.
- Financial management. Liaison with accountants/bookkeeper, office Petty Cash, management of donations by post and over the phone (processing credit card donations, entries on system, acknowledgements), communicating with the bank, lodgements, processing responses to mailouts.
Areas of Collaboration with colleagues
- Event Management: Responsibility for organising aspects of events such as National Conference, Annual Dinner, outdoor events, fundraising events, other conferences and workshops, social events. These tasks may include booking venues, coordinating speakers and logistics, recruitment of volunteers, ensuring necessary materials and equipment are available, communications with participants.
- Mailouts: Proof reading of letters, flyers, PLC materials, emails. Preparing databases for print.
- Lobbying: Communication with public representatives and volunteer lobbyists, coordination of lobbying sessions.
Education and Experience
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Business college training an advantage.
- Previous office management/event management experience essential.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (particularly Word & Excel).
- Internet skills including use of e-mails, google docs, group messaging and data collection.
- Excellent Numeracy and literacy skills.
- Organisation and planning skills.
- Productivity and prioritising tasks.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Attention to detail.
Salary: Negotiable and dependent on experience.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, 31st December.